Monday, June 15, 2009

The Weird Fashion of the XX group

Just to clarify, XX group implies the part of human population having only XX chromosomes. I could have said women, but then I will be slammed for being a sexist or chauvinistic guy. So I quote facts.

Moving on…

There is a group of ladies on my floor in the office (yes, they are from the good looking lot, but that is not why I am writing this blog) who for some reason make it a point to wear clothes which the lame geek ( Moi!!) is never quite able to understand. Mind you, they do follow the proper office policy of decent dressing, but I am never able to understand what they are thinking. My office has a policy that on Fridays, casual wear is allowed. However, I do not understand how bright orange cargo pants qualify as business casuals. The clothes these women wear are pulled right out of Govinda movies. Blue tshirt and red pant. One day, one of the very slim members of the Champak gang as we call them these days, wore a green salwar kurta with a red dupatta. (whew… remembering the details is so difficult. For guys it is so easy. Shirt or tshirt, pant/trouser, or jeans) looking more like a parrot than anything else. I played the role of a Parrot in my KG-II drama act. I looked better. One day this same parrot lady wore what can be best described as a pink Slinky as earrings (for those who don’t know what a Slinky is, Google or Wiki it) The same day, one of her fellow Champaks wore Mini Gong earrings ( Gong : A gong is an East and South East Asian musical instrument that takes the form of a flat metal disc which is hit with a mallet) I think it is some sort of alarm system. If she falls asleep, the person next to her can strike the Mini Gong to wake her up. The mentioned Champak looks more like the witch from the movie Makdi. Seriously, one look at her and you will feel like soon she is going to start screaming and laughing Mu hu ha ha ha…. Girls…. I don’t know if this is the fashion trend these days, but seriously, forgive me for laughing at all this. Whatever happened to the normal clothing. Speaking of that, it is Monday today, 4 days till the next Champak day. Let’s see what happens on that day.

2 comments:

thefloweringcactus said...

hang on..he he he he he he he he he he ....cannot stop laughing :P good one!

thefloweringcactus said...

ha ha ha ha ha ....uncontrollable laughter! good one!