Friday, November 13, 2009

Veni, Vidi, Veterni - I came, I saw, I took a nap.

How many times in a week do you wake up to the thought... "WTH!!" ? (I actually wake up to something worse, but a public blog demands less severe profanities.)
How many times do you go to office and the first thought that hits you is... "WTH"?

If you haven't understood the drift of this article.... I am back in Bangalore after a long stay at home.
And now that I am back, there is a sudden sense of Deja Vu creeping upon me.
I still go to office and wait 9 hours for some work to come, which comes 10 hours later and doesn't work properly. Then I end up waiting till 2 am trying to convince others that it isn't working!
So another day lost and another pay day earned.... Hell, what do I care, make me wait like this everyday. I might give up my apartment and get my bed here. I will save on rent, internet will be free and I won't have to care about the weather.

Recession hits us in many ways, but IT guys who are still employed only get the severity of the complication when their free coffee is taken away from them. 2 weeks back, fate dealt us this critical blow. The effect? After 4 PM, you can see Zzzz floating above everyone on the team. Ashspear is no exception to that. Don't believe me? Have you ever stepped out into a
garden in the evening in the rainy season? If you have, you know that there are tonnes of mosquitoes (obvious overstatement; Measuring a tonne of mosquitoes will take immense patience) hovering above your head. That is how our office now looks like after 4 PM with small Zzzzs hovering above our heads. With everyone walking in Bullet time, the SFX effect made popular by the Matrix movies, and with many people trapped on the train station like Neo in Matrix Revolutions...(Sleeping! :P)

So what else? Still single, still 23, still in the same job (getting paid !! touchwood :) )The new thing is that I now am crazier than before. I am thinking of cooking at home and try to save some moolah!
Maybe I should write a book. Lets see how all of these work out.

So, hello to the 5-6 pair of eyes who actually ever read my blog ( there are more than 6.5 Billion people out there.... 5-6 is ok). Hope to start regular blogging soon. Don't expect any more poems as of now. Maybe when a Fair Maiden walks into my life instead of Iron Maiden, there might be some output on that front.

See you soon

4 comments:

Suyash Joshi said...

Nice to know you are so dedicated and committed to your work life... Of course if you have the opportunity of being part of the Indian remakes of Matrix like situations, who won't be !!

btw, how long was your stay away from B'lore ?

and remove that Khandekar blog link from the blog roll... the dude has become as ascetic from the last year...
right now he is in the himalayas studying for GATE... may he crack it big time and make a comeback bigger than Big B.

but why are we talking about him on your blog ? because I seem to have too much time to kill...

aur bata.. kya chal raha ?

Suyash Joshi said...

abe comment moderation !!
wtf man !!

Ashwini said...

Don't worry, things cannot be bad forever. You are working towards changing it and the fact that you are motivated to do it because of your work is a good thing. It is a daily reminder of what you ought not to do :)

Rohan said...

Very good post. Nice way to vent your anger. I honestly believe you have the potential to start something like this: http://www.flyyoufools.com/

And btw, don't be on a look out for a maiden. They have a tendency of coming into your life when you least expect :)